Allergy Friendly Double Chocolate Muffins
These awesome muffins are nut free, dairy free, egg free, and gluten free. So it might seems like they will be as tasty as a hunk of cardboard, but I promise you they are AMAZING. My hubby ate 4 on the first day, so I can honestly say they are a winner.
• 2c All purpose GF flour
• 3/4 c dark cocoa powder
• 1 tbsp baking powder • 3/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp sea salt (plus a pinch or two more for a quick top sprinkle)
• 1/4 c brown sugar • 1/4 c raw honey • 2 flax eggs (2 heaping tbsp ground flax + 7 tbsp warm water)
• 1/2c coconut oil melted
• 3/4c coconut yoghurt
• 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract • 1/2 tbsp caramel extract
• 1c dairy free chocolate chips (we use the Enjoy Life brand)
PROCESS 1) make the flax eggs in a little bowl, stir and set aside for 10 minutes to gel. 2) combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. 3) add in the wet ingredients (Minus the coconut oil). Mix well, then add coconut oil once combined. 4) stir in chocolate chips
BAKE at 450 for 6 minutes, then turn down to 350 and continue to bake for another 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and then proceed to scarf em down.